Care and Maintenace
We recommend annually checking the door’s finish annually to verify that it is preventing moisture from reaching the wood surface. Refinish doors every 1-3 years as necessary, or as recommended by the finish manufacturer. This will support the longevity of your beautiful custom door.
Wood doors and garage doors require care, maintenance, and a professional grade finish to provide long-term performance. The right application is essential to the longevity of your door. Key factors in wood door performance include adequate roof overhang, minimal sun exposure, and proper sill heights.
Wood doors that bake in the sun for more than 4 hours per day will quickly lose their looks without routine care. Clear-coated, stained and painted doors should be recoated annually for longevity.
Your door sill should clear a porch landing by 4 to 6 inches to prevent built-up snow or pooled rainwater which can cause rot.
Quick Cleaning Guide for Wood Doors:
- Use warm water, mild soap or detergent, and a soft sponge, cloth, or chamois to clean the resin panel. A resin cleaner, such as Novus or Gel- gloss, may also be used.
- An anti-static guard may be used to minimize accumulation of dust on the panel surface.
- Do not use glass cleaning products (such as Windex), acetone, gasoline, benzene, lacquer thinner, chlorinated solvents, gritty abrasive scouring compounds, or alkaline cleaners to clean the resin panel as damage to the insert will occur.
- Do not use a squeegee, scraper, as it may scratch the surface of the panel.
- Wipe surface gently with a soft, scratch-free cloth.
Our Wood Doors Guarantee
We guarantee our doors to be free of defect caused by faulty workmanship or materials for up to one year from the date of purchase. To obtain complete warranty information, please contact us directly.
Alternative Composite Doors
To ensure the longevity of your new DURA-EEZ technology garage door simply take a garden hose to remove dirt and debris from the exterior face of the garage door.For a deeper clean, a mild detergent and water mixture with a medium nylon brush can be used.
When using cleaners other than mild detergents, it is best to test on a small area to make sure it doesn’t harm the surface or damage the products appearance.
Quick Cleaning Guide for Alternative Composite Doors:
- Clean with soft cloth with mixture of mild detergent
- Use simple detergents, including Dawn dish soap or Simple Green
- Always use white cloth towels or rages for cleaning to avoid transfer of pigment onto the surface during cleaning
- Cotton T-Shirts material works well and prevents cloth fibers from sticking to material
- A heat gun can be used to remove or blend most surface dents or scratches
Our Alternative Composite Doors Guarantee
We guarantee our doors to be free of defect caused by faulty workmanship or materials for up to one year from the date of purchase. The Alternative Composite garage doors carry a 50 year warranty against color fade and a 5 year warranty against delamination. To obtain complete warranty information, please contact us directly.